Friday, March 21, 2014

Please play fair!!!!!

Please play fair!!!!

Not long ago, someone link up their graphics unrelated to our word prompt every week, 3-4 entries every week for many many weeks, and we are getting complain emails one after another, so we have to put our foot down and start deleting link up that doesn't play by the rules, and the thing is, some people link up to promote their own blog and they never return to visit others, so they never know their links were deleted anyway, I had to email that person that if they want to play here, they have to play by the rules.

This week, I have been seeing link ups that promoting their own link parties AND worst of all, Our Beautiful World was never mention on their post, let alone having our button, so.... I am sorry, I have to delete your link if you are not playing fair!

Our Beautiful World
is a weekly link party where you can share your part of the world with the rest of us through your lens.


1. Grab our button, or at least mention OUR BEAUTIFUL WORLD on your post and link back to our blog.

2. NO links to other linky parties or giveaways allowed

If you are NEW, reading this might helps!!!!


Now you may scroll down for this week's word

GREEN

11 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

Fair comments I agree, also some players link to their blog not their blog post which means you may have to search for the photo post. Thanks for hosting this fun photo sharing, Kirsty

Robyn Oliver said...

Fair comments I agree, also some players link to their blog not their blog post which means you may have to search for the photo post. Thanks for hosting this fun photo sharing, Kirsty

Vikki said...

I agree Kirsty...thought I was missing something when you went to view the photos and they didn't match the prompt....glad I wasn't.. lol.
I also agree with Robyn, the link should be for the post not the whole blog as that is what you are supposed to viewing.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Nah Vikki, you are fine, I just found 2 players this week, one link up their own link party here, and never even mention OBW, never link back of course, the other one just link up her photo, same thing, never mention OBW, no link up, sigh.....
I agreed with Robyn, some players link to their blog and not the particular post, I tends to be more lenient with people like that, maybe they don't know how to do it, I probably should do a post and give step by step instruction.
Thanks for your input girls!!!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Good point Kirsty, good of you to mention this.

Kmcblackburn said...

I apologize. I only linked up my photo because my prompt was "green" last week too and I thought that perhaps people from MY blog would jump over and see yours and perhaps link up. I have a link at the TOP of my blog page that has links to the various link ups I try to participate in each week...depending on the Day. I had your blog AND the link directly to your blog listed there. I am sorry you felt the need to delete my participation which was most def a green photo to fit your prompt. I have taken your link off my blog and won't bother you again.

Unknown said...

Kathy, I know your photo was "green" and fit our word prompt, but I look through your blog post at least 3 times to see if OBW was mention, and NO, it was not there and of course, you didn't link back to our blog. If I cannot find my link on your blog post, how could your reader see it?

Kmcblackburn said...

Look at the top of my page under the header.

Kmcblackburn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kmcblackburn said...

That's okay tho....I just wanted you to know I DID and always DO have a place on my blog to show my link ups. I'm sorry if you thought my only intent was to promote my blog. That truly isn't the case. I understand about the multiple posts by the graphic artists...I get those too. I have people who do not post my link on their page too even tho I ask it of them. Bottom line, I'm just glad they are motivated to visit my blog and participate. Thought I would see if I could get some of my readers over to your blog. You've gotta do what you feel you need to do. I wish you success.

Unknown said...

No problem Kathy, you might add it later, but when I was there, it cannot be found anywhere in your text body, not just link, you didn't mention OBW or Our Beautiful World , and I am not the only one that cannot see it, it would be amazing if your reader can find it. Bottom line, we do not allow link party here period! Every blog has their own rules, this is ours - No link party allowed!